Rich in omega-3 and antioxidants, krill oil contributes more nutrients to the human body than regular fish oil, mainly due to its abundance of omega-3, an element highly conducive to your body’s overall health condition.
Antarctic krill consume phytoplankton, a microscopic plant bursting with nutrients that encourage production of healthy cells and necessary neurotransmitters, which in turn enhance cognition and brain activity.
The oil they create within their bodies gives us an amazing variety of health benefits.
Some of the benefits of krill oil include:
- Reduction of bad cholesterol levels
- Reduction of inflammation and pain resulting from inflammation
- Fighting numerous symptoms of aging
- Heart health
- Lessening pre-menstrual syndrome symptoms (headache, bloating, cramping, mood swings)
- Boosting cognition abilities
- Promotion immune system health
- increased energy and decreased fatigue
Scientists are still discovering even more health benefits of Antarctic krill oil as they continue to conduct further research into its amazing antioxidant-based properties.
What are Krill?
Technically referred to as Euphasia superba, Antarctic krill represent one of 85 known species of krill.
Shrimp-like in appearance with semi-transparent body, these pinkish crustaceans have large black eyes, which help them see in the dark waters of the Antarctic Ocean.
No larger than a medium-sized paper clip, krill are vital to the lives of many marine animals, such as the Baleen whale, seals, penguins and just about any other organism living around those waters.
Without krill to consume, many species of oceanic life would cease to exist, creating a devastating disturbance in the ecosystem of the world’s oceans.
Estimates are that over seven billion tons of krill live in the Antarctic Ocean, with their collective weight total surpassing the weight of the entire human population. Luckily, Antarctic krill oil represents the world’s most potent, renewable and natural form of omega-3 fats, an amazing nutrient that when taken as a supplement:
- reduces swelling and pain of arthritis and other inflammation
- enhances brain functioning
- improves mood by diminishing depression symptoms
- may reduce symptoms of ADHD
- maintains healthy hearts
When taking krill oil supplements, you will also benefit from Astaxanthin, a nutrient contained in krill oil.
With a distinct molecular arrangement that makes it a superior antioxidant, Astaxanthin inhibits cell damage, much like the damage seen in cancerous growths.
In fact, research has shown that Astaxanthin is 400 times better than Vitamin E in producing antioxidant effects within the body, as well as being even more powerful than lutein or lycopene.
Other health benefits of Antarctic krill oil and Astaxanthin include:
- the ability to cross the blood-brain barrier, which means all components of the central nervous system can benefit from its anti-oxidative qualities
- fighting neurodegenerative disorders such as Alzheimer’s, senility and glaucoma
- capturing damaging free radicals and binds them to its double-bonded chain instead of adding a harmful electron
- developing into a more bio-available element by binding to lipoproteins
- enhancing immune system functioning
- encouraging production of Vitamin A when necessary
- may increase cell communication, which is known to inhibit certain cancers
Although you can take an Astaxanthin supplement by itself, taking krill oil supplements will give you the benefits of Astaxanthin as well as the many other krill oil benefits contained in each gel capsule or tablet.
Neptune Krill Oil
NKO (Neptune krill oil) incorporates Astaxanthin, omega -3 fatty acids, vitamins A and E, and other antioxidants to create a powerful supplement which safeguards the body against free radicals and the adverse effects these radicals inflict on healthy cells. In addition, fatty acids contained in NKO are connected to phospholipids rather than triglycerides, which is what omega-3 is attached to in ordinary fish oil.
Phospholipids work better at absorbing and employing cell DHA and EPA (important nutrients for the brain, retina and cardiovascular system), which makes Neptune krill oil much more effective than fish oil.
Since the Antarctic krill oil used to produce this specialized NKO brand originates from krill harvested from deep and clean Antarctic waters, this oil does not contain pollutants such as PCB, or polychlorinated biphenyl, a toxic compound used in coolant and dielectric fluids.
Unfortunately, certain fish oils have been found to harbor traces of PCBs because the fish used to produce the oil lived in waters not as clean as those waters surrounding the South Pole.
A few of the clinical results obtained when researching the benefits of NKO include:
- success with cholesterol management
- reduction of inflammation, pain, osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis
- reduction of severity of attention deficit and hyperactivity disorder in children
- reduction of premenstrual syndrome issues
NKO’s official website further states that:
Independent testing performed by Brunswick Laboratories in Massachusetts using the ORAC (Oxygen Radical Absorption Capacity) method reveals the antioxidant power of Neptune Antarctic krill oil to be:
- Over 300 times greater than Vitamins A & E
- Over 48 times greater than Omega-3 Fish Oil
- Over 34 times greater than Co Q-10
Antarctic krill oil can provide you with even more health benefits than just antioxidant supplements.
In addition to destroying free radicals, created by toxic chemicals, viruses, radiation, alcohol and chemicals, as well as metals and serious diseases, krill oil also:
- seems to inhibit problems with obesity
- decreases the stickiness of blood platelets which aggregate and cause heart attacks
- enhances prostate health for men
- lessens occurrences of migraine headaches
Certain foods contain antioxidants, such as nuts, fruits, soy and vegetables, but taking Antarctic krill oil supplements means that you’re receiving the correct amount of antioxidants, which will optimally benefit your health.
In addition, how much and the constitution of these food you eat determine the absorption of these food-based antioxidants.
When taking krill oil supplements, you do not have to worry about these factors, as each soft gel contains the necessary amount of omega-3 fatty acid and Astaxanthin your body needs.
Go to the top of this page, Antarctic Krill Oil